Thursday, May 04, 2006

Aunt Rose better!

Hiya, just a quick update. Thrilled to say that Aunt Rose has been discharged today from hospital, following a successful Angioplasty (fitting of a stent into an artery) yesterday. I am so over the moon- I was overcome when I heard her lovely singing voice in the other end of the phone this afternoon! She all gave us abit of a fright, but she is a Daly, afterall- a real wee fighter and I know everyone in the family and her friends are thrilled with how she bounced back with such determination!
Needless to say, D and I's holiday has now really begun. We actually went to Dublin Monday and returned today (I phoned Aunt Rose at home on the chance I'd get Uncle Jim as soon as I landed back in the UK-what a brilliant surprise that she answered! Just one hr out of hospital too). So the Dublin trip was a tad overshadowed by my fretting about Aunt Rose. Now we can relax and enjoy our 3 days off work before I return to the Dungeon (or known as 'work' to others lol).

I'll download the photos of Dublin tomorrow and fill you in on what we got up to. Now is a time to celebrate Aunt Rose being home and well, with a few glasses, and a nice meal- and play with Cat! (worry about the ironing tomorrow lol)...

No comments: