Sunday, August 13, 2006

Normality restored...

A lovely BBC weather map of the British Isles...note the large amount of cloud in August


It's Summer, it's August, therefore, it's raining!


Blackpool is on the North West coast of England...you know where it is...wee hint...just where the RAIN CLOUD is on the map... X marks the spot!!!



Neck and back were dodgy again last week, I presume because the Flying Lesson was hard work (that wee plane's controls were flippin' heavy!).

GP has put me on new anti-depressants medication to help me get a full night's sleep. The Venaflaxine was giving me seriously nasty nightmares (of my mum dying, etc). The new ones also have a sedative effect, so I must take them at night along with my muscle relaxant meds (to relax the neck and back while I sleep). Together they are seriously strong stuff, I've only been on them 3 nights and feel drugged all day and wake up grumpy. The GP said the doping effect will ease off to a natural sleep in 2-3 weeks, but the welcome onset of having 10hrs sleep straight through every night is wonderful, plus I haven't slept for that length of time for well over a year.

Touch wood, though, I've had two good days in a row neck-wise, so cross fingers for me guys. The Chiropractic treatments seem to be doing the job...now having more good days than bad on average. GP pleased with results and so he has authorised another 8 sessions on the NHS.
But now my poor GP is going to get in trouble with the Auditor of the Trust monies, authorising another 8 sessions. One of my friends in medicine had already told me about how GP hands are tied to cost in the NHS. My GP confirmed this upon my questioning. But he said the slap he will receive is outweighed by the patient (me) being in less pain. Plus he will tell them it is cheaper than recommending surgery (which is the next stage if this doesn't work. A surgical procedure into my neck will be required to manually move the naughty nerve).


I have no idea what to have for dinner! Red or Green day? Red or Green? Yes, those of you who know what Red and Green days are will sympathise. For those who don't, Red and Green days are the diet plan to Slimming World! I've re-joined Slimming World, and Darren has joined too. I lost three stone last time, and I kept most of it off, despite the neck injury, loosely following the plan. I now want to hit the weight again, and so I have re-joined.

Before Slimming World- 16 stone...

...being a natural blonde didn't hide
the fatness! By the way, I was holding
my tummy in for this shot...oh dear.
After Slimming World 2004...


So I decided to start it again the other week, wanting to lose another two stone.

I was very good...so good, that I lost an amazing HALF POUND.

Not funny.
Not happy.

Upon scrutinising my Food Diary, The Group Consultant said I hadn't eaten enough!


So this week I have been a total pig!!!!!



New Section: Fun Pic of The Week. Pictures from days gone by where you wish the camera hadn't been invented!


Fun Pic of the week: Here's one Darren doesn't want the world to see...

wearing his Mum's hat at his sister Alison's wedding reception...tee hee....
cream is SO his colour...


No comments: