Monday, April 24, 2006

Hello and welcome...


Hello and welcome to Celia & Chums' Blogg! This has been inspired by my gorgeous cousin Nici in Deutschland, who has a fabulous one of her own. Welcome all our friends and family- feel free to potter around the Blog, and share thoughts/stories with us.


Celia

I was born in Belshill, Scotland, just outside Glasgow in the dark 1970's. I was forcibly removed from Scotland by my parents before I was one yr old & moved to sunny Blackpool on the north west coast of England. I left, well escaped, at 19 to go to University in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, and after graduating with a BSc (Hons) Psychology with English upper second, I continued to live in different areas of the West Midlands, Stourbridge (town of The Wonderstuff!!), Wolverhampton, Warwickshire and Coventry for a few years.

After leaving Uni in 1994 with high hopes and optimism, I discovered psychology jobs impossible to find and in desperation for money, entered the dark world of Insurance and became Assistant manager in Solihull to a company that shall remain nameless.

I escaped that evil world in late 1996, and returned to Blackpool to be with my Mum after my brother Brian and darling Gran Daly died in 1995 and 1996. She was not well and sadly we lost her in May 2000.

I excelled in my choice of next job- I became a Civil Servant. Oh gawd. I still work for the Civvie nearly 9 yrs on and can't escape.

All I need to do now is become a Traffic Warden and I'll have done the three most hated jobs in the world.

Darren and I love going to gigs, love music (all sorts- pretty eclectic) and have a passion for The Mighty Boosh. I have a cute leetle black cat called Greebo and a wonderful fiance in Darren.


Darren

I was technically born in Blackpool, but actually raised in Fleetwood- home of that lovely yet tart throat lozenge, Fisherman's Friend. I was born in December '69, so I could be said to be a child of the '60's, albeit the arse-end of the sixties!

After finally being forced to leave school because I had to (where else can you go after Sixth Form?), I eventually found myself irresistibly drawn towards the dark shady world of the Civil Service (the "Ministry" in those days). If you asked me what I do there, well, I'd have to kill you if I told you. Or you'd die of boredom. 17 years later, I'm still there (sigh) but hey, it's a job.

I had the good fortune to meet a gorgeous woman there in 2001. Unfortunately she was only there to change the toner on the photocopier and I never saw her again. But I did meet Celia and life's never been the same since. Apparently we agreed to get engaged in 2005 after much prompting from a gun-butt against the back. Ho ho ho. Just a joke, my sweet. (SLAP)

We live happily with our son/cat, Greebo and life is grand.




1 comment:

NDF said...

Hi Celia,

welcome in the huge community of blogging people. Nice hearing about your and your hubby to be's life.

Love Nici