Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day , Shirls visit and Ann's birthday


Hellooo everyone! Tis a dull and rainy day in Blackpool (is there any other type of day I hear you ask). It's Father's Day in the UK, and I invited Alexander O'Neill round to the house for an afternoon of home-made sunday roast, World Cup and a few drinkies.



Dad at Portree on our holiday to the Isle of Skye March 2004

He's all you could wish for in a Dad and I'm lucky he became a first time dad with me when he was 50 lol! He has such a positive outlook, great sense of humour, very warm and giving, and especially since Mum passed away, we have supported each other through the ups and downs of our lives. He had a heartattack three years ago, and I was terrified I could lose him. Not a chance if it had anything to do with Big Alex! He took it the way he has taken everything in his colourful life- an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. He lives life as he has always done- with positive attitude and earned the respect of his GP and other medical staff with his determined attitiude and unyealding ability to make others laugh!

Plus he has great skin- I can only hope that I have inherited it along with his vivid blue eyes lol!!


Shirls nipped in to say hello around 1.30 - after a full day's work- yes that girl has to get up at ungodly hours of the night/early morning...for instance 3.30-4.30 a.m. to start her train shifts. Urrggh. She looks great and we had a good ol' chinwag over cups of tea before she set off back home to celebrate Father's Day with her lovely dad. I adore Shirls- she is one of my best friends. I am so lucky to have encountered and found such fabulous and wonderful best friends on my life journey...Ann, Karen and Shirls. I am truely spolit and I am very lucky to have them in my life.
Shirley-Wurley


Later in the evening, Darren and I went round to Ann's house to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and to give her our lovely Sanctuary pampering pressie!! I hope that Ann enjoys it as much as her daughter enjoyed carrying it around the house lol ! Of course Tez enjoyed his Father's Day too- and had his first golf lesson this morning- a Daddy's Day treat from Ann & Charlotte.



Ann & Celia Hogmany 2004 ( and yes Ann I bet you complain about this photo as well tee hee- but we truely are bosom buddies. Ahem.
God. I forgot just how I've changed- this is me with my natural hair colour and 3 stone heavier)



Important news- Nici, you and Paul will be proud- we cracked 1st place on Need for Speed, yes we beat Razor- and are now doing it again with other cars lol !! And we will come over to Deutschland and have drinkies and gaming sessions when you've moved home! xxx

No comments: