Sunday, July 09, 2006

Shady Days

Qiuck update, as you may (or not) have noticed a quiet few weeks on the ol' Blog.

Things that went well:

Finally saw the Chiropractor (Dr of nervous system and spine), who I was referred to by my GP. Final diagnosis of trapped nerve at C1-C2-C6 (top of neck) and irritated nerve at T9-T11 (between shoulder blades). Had neck cracked four times so far (rung like a chicken, so loud that Darren heard the cracks and snaps) that forces the nerves back into place.

It was amazing- the pain that has been there 24/7 for 15 months has suddenly reduced.

In one week:
  • I was able to drive down to West Mids to see Karen and Stef, and then be driven back by Darren (over 200 odd miles)
  • Go to Cardiff for an overnight stay for a business meeting (7 and a half hr drive there, 4 and a half back)*
* this is funny...I was NOT driving thankfully lol...8 officers from work in two cars, went to see the Welsh HQ of DCS and how they work, share best practice, etc...I fell asleep to find that the car I was travelling in, had stopped at a service station at COVENTRY?! WRONG WAY NEIL! Thankfully as I'd lived in the Midlands, I knew the motorways, and was able to re-direct us back onto motorways that would get us to Wales and then Cardiff. Hence the shorter time back, as I was voted in as Navigator after that lol.

The other car wasn't so fortunate...they ended up in LONDON on the M25 LMAO (laugh my arse off!!!)
  • Go to Leeds for a meeting with the Head of DCS Internal Communications (just under two hundred return trip)
  • Drive to Liverpool the same week to see the Pet Shop Boys gig.

A big difference from Jan/Feb when I was medically forbidden to be in a car, never mind drive, for longer than half an hour!


PSB...


Felt so much better, that I was able to go to see the Pet Shop Boys at Liverpool SummerPops 2006, who incidentally, were fantastic. I bounced around like a nineteen year old flinging arms in the air and joining in- Neil Tennant said we were the best audience on the tour so far!



  • Painkillers reduced by 200%
  • Able to lift my God daughter for the first time in 6 months last week!!






Daddy and Charlotte at her Christening in May xx


  • Germany beat cheating slimballs Portugal ( Ich bin glucklich! Deutchland gedemutigtes Portugal heh heh heh!!) Humiliated! Heheheheheheheheh!!!!! No 'wink wink' now Ronaldo, eh mate?!


Things that didn't go quite so well:

  • England kicked out of the World Cup by cheating Portugeuse slimeheads (see above; danke Nici!)
  • I was warned by the Doc that the inital part of the treatment would be up and down...pain kicked in big style earlier this week, resulting in being driven home early by Darren Tuesday, and eventually having to bow to pain pressure and be off friday with pain (Freitag mit schmertz)
  • I woke with stinking hangover this morning after going out with Darren last night to catch up with our mate Pete- also a Wolverhampton Wanderers fan! He also went to Wolves Uni but we met at work years ago. He's mint and gets us tickets to the matches when he can (his missus Laura works in the Wolves FC office!). It was Nathan's 18th birthday (Pete's brother) and an excellent night was had by all. 'The Doc' ( Steve-he's a Wolves fan and a GP in Poulton) was there of course, who we meet at a game. And he's off his head too. Cracking night- highlight being Laura's mum who used to live in Wollaston Stourbridge and we were reminiscing and chatting all night! (I'd love to live there again).

So overall, although the pain is sometimes goes and then returns, it's reasonably bearable to live with and I know that one day I shall be how I was at PSB, all the time...pain-free, happy, able to use my left-hand properly- important as left-handed!- and counting myself lucky that the pain wasn't forever... thanks to a decent GP who referred me to a Chiropractor able to force the trapped nerves back into their rightful positions xxxxxxx

No comments: