Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Positivity!!!

Hi there everyone! Thankyou so much for all your thoughts and best wishes. Wow. What can I say...I didn't realise how many are reading this lol !!

Everything is ok. GP is sending me to the Consultant Neurologist for brain scans, further tests, etc after seeing him yesterday. He tried to dismiss the whole 'funny do' and I kicked off, re-stated the symptoms and basically wore the git down until he confirmed he would investigate it properly, as my Chiro recommended- if nothing else, to totally rule out anything naughty going on. They were a tad worried incase I had probs with one of the arteries in my neck leading to my brain (my response to the GP was "are you prepared to put that in writing- that I have a brain!"- no actually he did laugh- no actually he did...) but he still thinks it is more likely to be nerve related- which I embrace!

So off to I toddled to the Chiro's this evening for more nerve stimulation in the base of the skull and more tests. He's v pleased with the progress that I have made in a fortnight since my 'funny do' and doesn't need to see me for another week. Result!!! Sadly, he won't manipulate my neck anymore, incase it was a TIA or artery problem the other week, and until confirmed it wasn't, he won't manipulate. I understand fully, but a wee part of me, I must confess, is a tad disappointed, as I loved my neck being cracked, the release of pressure is amazingly lovely!

What else? Well I've on the work's First Aider course this week- exam's tomorrow so x fingers etc!! Yes, dear readers, they have accepted me as a First Aider- I'm not sure they know what they've let themselves in for lol. My neck has been a tad tingly, but that's down to the crap chairs making my posture uncomfortable and doing CPR on legless dolls lol! It's in a conference room so can't take in my own medical chair I have for my workstation. Gits. Good side is I'm sat next to a few pals of mine Sue (aka Lara Croft) and Caroline. We've scared the instructor and entertained the troops by talking in European accents between ourselves (an old joke we had when we used to work together...I'm really Sonja from Slovakia)...so everything is as normal as it should be!


No comments: